Entry Level/Project Controls Cost Specialist
Fountain Valley, CA Posted: 3/25/2020
Our client is a successful Engineering, Design and Project Management Company headquartered in Southern California. They have nearly 40 years of experience in effective System Planning, Engineering, and Coordinating of energy, process, utility, and water resource facilities.
Our client is seeking a Project Controls Specialist to complement work for major oil and gas, process, utility, water, and heavy industrial projects. The Project Controls Specialist will assist the Project Management and Project Controls teams in budget and cost management activities. Cost control activities include: change management, earned value analysis, budgeting, forecasting, estimating, work-in-process review, and accounts receivable review. Job specific training will be provided to build on existing capabilities and knowledge in this work.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist project managers with project initiation activities including budget development and project set up.
- Create, maintain, and distribute regular project-specific and portfolio level cost reports.
- Create and maintain change order logs. Includes tracking, estimating, and writing detailed descriptions of scope deviations.
- Support a robust portfolio of projects ranging in size, complexity, and duration.
- Perform detailed cost analysis to identify trends and avoid variance through proactive change management.
- Prepare and conduct project budget forecasting and earned value analysis
- Assist with Work In Process review and Accounts Receivable
- Work within job costing and accounting system to update project budget and contracts
Education, Work Experience, & Training:
- Technical: Excel (proficient), Microsoft Office Suite
- B.A. / B.S.
- Work experience in related field (0-2 years)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Detail oriented self-starter
- Experience in the construction or oil & gas industries a plus.
- Interested candidates should have strong interpersonal skills
Already have an account? Log in here