Process Control Engineer
Jolon, CA Posted: 3/6/2020
PTS Advance has and job opportunity for a Process Control Engineer located at their commerical facility in Jolon, California. This is a direct hire position with benefits and stock option incentives.
This company is a dynamic growth stage company focused on diverting waste from landfills using a gasification process to convert solid waste streams to energy and products. This company established a commercial demonstration plant in Jolon, CA. that will establish the technology and engineering basis for broad adoption of the technology. Due to the growth of our team and increasing level of activity at the plant we have an opening for a Process Control Engineer.
- Develop close understanding of process and operational needs and translate these to conceptual and detailed functional specifications for the control system
- Design and implement control strategies, instrumentation and systems that are well matched to the physical and operational requirements of the unit operations
- Solve complex control problems to maximize process stability and responsiveness while maximizing overall process efficiency
- Participate in process safety review meetings and ensure implementation of robust instrumentation and logic as control or mitigation measures both at DCS and local control level
- Work with engineers and instrumentation technicians to implement control strategies, instrumentation, computer hardware and programming
- Manage 3rd party instrumentation and control engineering contractors and ensure delivery of agreed scope within budget and on-time when such services are required
- BSEE or related strong technical degree in controls & instrumentation; 7-10 years’ experience as noted below
- Allen Bradley PLC & Rockwell Automation Software experience
- Can develop control architecture concepts and produce advanced code to implement (NOT a sustaining engineer or control tech)
- Ability to integrate a wide range of instruments and controls (including up to Class 1 Division 1) in an industrial explosion proof environment
- Proven ability to work with process, electrical & mechanical engineers in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Significant hands on in the field experience
- Relocate near the job location in Jolon, CA.
This company offers the following benefits to its full-time employees:
- No-cost for employee-only health insurance plan that includes medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Incentive Stock Options
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- The most important benefit is the global impact that you will make working at for this company!
Already have an account? Log in here