E/I Construction Coordinator
Martinez, CA Posted: 2/12/2020
Our client is a major refinery in the Northern California area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They have an immediate opening for an experienced Electrical/Instrument Construction Coordinator to oversee a Two year project for a control system upgrade (PLC to DCS) at a local plant in Martinez, Ca.
The Electrical foreman is responsible for managing electrical crews during the installation, remodeling, or repair of electrical equipment. This can include upgrading wiring and installing new equipment. Successful candidate will need a TWIC card and must participate in a random drug testing program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of related experience including supervisory or lead experience and considerable experience as a journeyman electrician or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Manage activities of General Foreman and assigned craft workers.
- Establish and adjusts work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel. Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders as needed for area of supervision.
- Maintains time records. Interpret company policies to workers, and enforces safety regulations.
- Study schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job.
- Analyze and resolve work problems.
- Coordinate the movement of equipment and material according to visual signals and directions.
- Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Perform frequent safety inspections of work area, equipment, tools, and employees in accordance with SIC policy to ensure compliance with government regulations, customer requirements, and SIC’s safety program.
- Appropriate journeyman experience required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Already have an account? Log in here