A leading Pharmaceutical company has an opening for a RWE Programmer! 100% REMOTE
• An advanced educational degree (MA/MS, PhD, ScD, PharmD, etc.) in a quantitative science such as statistics, biometrics, epidemiology, econometrics, psychometrics, operations research, engineering, computer science, data/life science, etc.
• A minimum of 5 years hands-on professional SAS programming experience including data steps, procedures, SAS/MACRO, SAS/SQL, SAS/GRAPH, and Stats modules.
• A minimum of 2 years hands-on work experience with real world studies using large claims/EMR databases in HEOR or related functions.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge working with Truven/IBM Marketscan data and similar healthcare databases.
• Hands-on experience working with large complex and relational databases with knowledge and efficient use of SQL knowledge.
• Knowledge and experience in developing analysis and reporting deliverables for R&D projects (data, analyses, tables, graphics, listings).
• Experience working with medical and billing coding systems such as ICD-9, ICD-10, SNOMED, LOINC, NDC, HCPCS, CPT.
• Understanding of observational research or statistical terminology and concepts is essential.
• Ability to quickly and effectively learn new programming techniques and data structures; capacity to seamlessly assimilate to new projects is required.
• Ability to comprehend analysis plans which may describe observational research and statistical programming methodology to be programmed needed.
• Strong oral, written and communication skills is required.
• Takes direction effectively and completes tasks at a project level.
• Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders in a global, cross-functional and multi-cultural setting.
• Self-motivation and passion for learning is necessary, self-initiation, takes responsibility for work and ability to meet deadlines are required.
• Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy, and conciseness.
• Ability to plan, organize, and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in different therapeutic areas is required.
• Experience working in GxP and non-GxP environments.
Additional skills (is a Plus):
• SAS Big Data certification and experience with distributed computing environments such as Hadoop or cloud is a definite plus.
• Experience working with state-of-art RWE analytics tools such as Instant Health Data and Aetion.
• Experience with sampling strategies for large healthcare databases.
• Experience with data standards and common data models for RW data such as OMOP.
• Experience with other statistical software and visualization tools such as R, Python, RShiny, Spotfire, Tablaeu or Qlikview.
• Experience with Ex-US healthcare databases is a plus.