Purchasing Agents and Buyers are the Lead Project Purchasing Representatives on the project and manage all purchasing transactions. The Purchasing Agents and Buyers are assigned to the project to ensure compliance with the standard purchasing procedures established herein, as well as coordinate the efficient use of the expediting efforts. The Purchasing Agents and Buyers shall effectively communicate with all other departments to reach resolution of any engineering scheduling, cost, and contractual or accounting discrepancies that may impact the administration of any request for Quotation issued or purchase order awarded. The Purchasing Agents and Buyers will support the overall efforts of the Procurement Department.
• Identify, solicit and select reliable sources of supply of materials, equipment and services to support project execution.
• Prepare purchase orders, control prices and quality and ensure delivery of materials and equipment to meet objectives.
• Provide agreed approvals and supporting documentation for payment of invoices.
• Comply with Company and Project purchasing policies and procedures and act within limits of delegated authority.
• Work with engineering, planning, project controls, construction, HSE and quality to ensure specifications of materials and equipment is provided on-time.
• Identify, develop and propose sources, solicit suppliers, receive quotations and bids. Undertake negotiation of orders, follow-up, schedule and expedite deliveries.
• Ensure supplier documentation, including insurance guarantees, etc. are received in accordance with purchase order and safely stored.
• Ensure supplier documentation, including engineering, calculations, drawings, schedules and instructions/manuals are received and distributed.
• Liaise with quality, logistics and material management at supplier, Customer and contractor offices as necessary to ensure timely delivery of required goods.
• Secure and process necessary documentation to support the approval of supplier invoices as required by purchase order.
• Graduate entrant up to 4 years of experience, performing assigned tasks under supervision
• BA/BS, preferably in engineering, procurement/business administration or related field.
• Proficient in use of computers and commonly-used business software, including data base management tools.
• Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English, as well as the language that may be prevalent in an assigned location