Planner - Capital Projects
Benicia, CA Posted: 1/29/2020
The Planner for Capital projects has a key role in the success of the project by planning and scheduling the work to be performed. The Planner is responsible of the planning and tracking of the work scope and ensuring the work can be completed in a safe and productive manor fulfilling the project objectives. The Planner reports to the Construction Manager.
- Min. 5 years’ experience industrial refinery work at a supervisor level. Preferred experience on capital projects.
- Proficient in the use of scheduling tools primavera, or MS Project.
- Excellent communication verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Understanding a project's size, complexity, and risks in order to outline an appropriate execution strategy for the project.
- Effectively working cross-functionally across various functions to articulate and secure functional support for the project.
- Developing and presenting project status reports to senior management.
- Participate and provide input in project constructability reviews.
- Review and provide feedback on construction packages.
- Produce high level project schedules for projects in Stage 2 & 3.
- Reviews construction packages and has a full understanding of the project work scope.
- Coordination with operations to understand how to execution the project with the least impact to the refinery.
- Perform a takeoff from the construction package to quantify the work scope (man hours).
- Creates detailed execution schedule, and headcount plan. Ensuring maximum utilization of contractor’s labor and equipment.
- Creates bid packages and sends them out to contractors of estimating.
- Reviews contractor estimates and provide input with the contractor selection process.
- Submits requisitions for contractor services.
- Performs takeoffs from the construction package to prepare Material Take Offs (MTO), and order the materials.
- Safety Plan input.
- Performs the planning and coordination with the business team for equipment readiness.
- Schedules and chairs a Construction Kick Off meeting for project and ongoing project execution meetings.
- Coordinates scheduling of resources, including creating work orders for scheduling Company resources.
- Performs job walks, reviewing progress, talking with contractors understanding problems, progress, and improvements.
- Performs schedule updates and produces weekly project reports.
- Review project in depth to manage the project schedule and estimated cost.
- Produce project reports, schedule & cost performance, including forecasts.
- Coordinate and track RFI/FCOs, keep log up to date.
- Track / Coordinate punch list.
- Support PM with lessons learnt.
Already have an account? Log in here