Civil Engineer - Concord and Westminster, CA
Westminster, CA Posted: 1/27/2020
Our client is a top California EPC firm that specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities. They are currently looking for Civil Engineers for two different locations: Westminster (CA) and Concord (CA).
You will be supporting a variety of projects and reporting into the Civil/Structural Department Manager and you will work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment with internal staff and clients on projects that are time sensitive.
Essential functions of the position include (but not limited to):
- Design grading, drainage, underground utilities including water, sanitary sewers, process drains, containment-detention basins and storm drains.
- Prepare designs based on tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics and related topological and geologic data.
- Responsible for preparation of plan drawings and details; produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters.
- Develop probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department.
- Perform field activities such as observe and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements and placements within project area.
- Organize, draft, and coordinate technical documents.
- Develop construction specifications and schedules.
- Collaborate with other disciplines.
- Walk downs, address field issues, provide problem solving onsite project locations.
- Perform construction administration and confirm adherence to construction specifications.
- BS Civil, Environmental or related Engineering degree.
- Professional Engineering License (PE).
- 8+ years of civil design experience.
- Experience with land surveying.
- Experience with civil design software including Civil 3D or similar software.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- 2 years minimum experience on projects at existing facilities.
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects with BioProcess and/or Petrochemical Clients is highly desired.
Our client is actively conducting interviews. Apply now for immediate consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here