Lab Chemist -Entry Level Refinery
Our client is a major refinery in the Northern California area serving the transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They have an immediate need for a Chemist to work in their Lab on a long-term basis.
Entry Level Candidates will be considered with college chemistry or biology lab experience
Training will be provided for all responsibilties. Under the general direction of the Laboratory Superintendent, responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
The refinery operates a high sample volume and a fast-paced laboratory to support the evolving needs of operations. The Laboratory Chemist provides chemistry information, develops analytical methods and conducts instrument troubleshooting and repair. The Laboratory Chemist also consults with the refinery personnel and performs specialized sample testing services for process monitoring & optimization, product certification, environmental compliance, and other special projects.
- Safely handle chemicals and hazardous samples.
- Conduct analysis of samples and ensure timely delivery of results.
- Maintain accurate records using laboratory information management system (LIMS).
- Perform specialized sample testing services for process stream monitoring and optimization, product certification, environmental compliance, and special projects.
- Develop and implement testing methods under guidance from laboratory personnel.
- Ability to work safely in a chemical laboratory.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Biology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate written and verbal technical information.
- Willingness to work and train under guidance of a diverse team of chemists and adapt to rapidly changing refinery needs.
- Must be able to work either Tuesday -Saturday or Sunday-Thursday, as well as holidays, weekends and/or evening as needed.
- Must be available for callouts at least one week per month.
- Demonstrated laboratory work experience.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of refinery test methods
- Demonstrated commitment to and use of quality control/quality assurance principles and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to consult on analytical instrumentation and test methods, including method development and equipment/instrumentation repair.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer