Sr. Electrical Designer
Washington, WV Posted: 1/20/2020
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop to completion engineering drawings of complex areas of the project with little or no supervision.
- Work in accordance with established design practices, standards and procedures.
- Prepare complete engineering drawings for a complex area of the project in conformance with the requirements of applicable codes and design criteria established by the project discipline engineers.
- Prepare complete information for design details, scope of work, cable schedule, bill of materials, etc. that can be completed by lower classified personnel.
- Check drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other discipline groups that affect the specific area or areas assigned.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to lower classified design and drafting personnel.
- This position typically serves as Checker or CAD Specialist.
- Become thoroughly familiar with Drafting and Checking Procedures and applicable client and Project drafting standards.
- After verifying that all layout information is correct and current, prepares drawings from engineering design sketches. Work may include manual and CAD drafting, checking and scrubbing.
- Prepare sketches for study and development purpose as required by projects.
- Coordinates with counterparts in other disciplines as needed.
- Verify that information is current on design sketches, vendor data and general arrangements.
- Help maintain sites filing system by keeping vendor data, flat files, stick files and drawing/checking files in order. Perform additional filing duties as assigned by squad leader.
- Through lessons learned on projects, provides input to Department Quality Program, Standards and Procedures.
- 8-10+ years of experience or drafting/design related course work is required BS degree reduces experience required by 1+ years
- Extensive experience in electrical & instrumentation design is required. Chemical plant experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills in Excel and Data Entry is required
- AUTOCAD or MicroStation training/experience is required
Other Essential Functions & Requirements:
- Good oral and written communication
- Previous safety awareness training
- Able to perform job walks wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in an operating facility in a hot climate
Already have an account? Log in here