Our client is a leading provider of air pollution control equipment, servicing the utility, refinery and commercial industries worldwide. They are looking for a Sales Engineer for their Santa Ana office.
Identify and close sales of custom and standard industrial air pollution control equipment and ammonia systems to utility and industrial customers. Projects range from $100,000 to $10 million.
Provide market research, forecasting, planning, and strategy for nationwide sales. Accountable for developing and meeting the new order forecast.
- Achieve the planned new order bookings levels by direct sales, working with Manufacturer’s Representatives and Product Managers.
- Formulate sales strategies and implementation pertinent to specific accounts and unique sales situations including the appropriate commercial and technical approach.
- Assemble the appropriate sales team for each offering. Communicate account sales strategy to individuals charged with developing the offering as well as management.
- Conduct continual sales research and relay pertinent findings to top management in the context of the predicted impact on corporate decisions. Provide management with information regarding the industrial air pollution control market’s nature, scope and size.
- Act as the key contact for selected customer accounts
- Provide a monthly report to the Executive VP Sales & Marketing including Accomplishments, Opportunities and Concerns relevant to the Sales and Marketing department goals
- Coordinate activities with and motivate Manufacturer Representatives.
- Assure that all bookings are in line with Corporate guidelines by coordinating review of estimated costs, gross margin, pricing and commercial and technical aspects of any offer according to company guidelines.
- Establish and maintain sales contacts.
- Meet the ForecastT
- Identify new accounts and product areas.
- Discover competitive sell price, if possible, before sale is made, or after award is made to others.
Strong sales and analytical skills with a proven track record of achieving revenue, margin and new business goals.
Excellent oral and written skills.
Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Internet skills also required.
Bachelors degree in a technical field, preferably mechanical or chemical engineering.
Minimum 10 years’ experience in sales. Opportunity for extensive domestic travel.