Medical injection molding for the healthcare industry. The quality certifications, the investment in technology, and the continuous commitment to exceed expectations make our experienced medical injection molding team an important aspect in your product’s success.
- Medical Dev background
- Customer facing so must be able to articulate clearly and do presentations
- Project Management skills and experience essential
- Mechanical Engineering with drawing and drafting
- Proven experience mentoring younger engineers - preferred
This Engineer position mainly consists of new product introduction and sustaining engineering in a thermoforming facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Develop formal project plans and successfully manage/execute the plans for new tool builds, fixture builds and other various customer centric projects. This includes communicating with customers and maintaining customer relationships.
- Design molds and fixtures to produce thermoformed parts per specified requirements.
- Create and maintain manufacturing documentation, including work instructions and technical drawings.
- Facilitate DFMEAs, PFMEAs, Control Plans and design reviews for mold builds.
- Run validation plans and protocols as needed.
- Assist production with continuous improvements using Lean and SSBB tools.
- Collect and analyze statistical data from various aspects of the manufacturing process.
- Work closely with key suppliers to ensure that PTF remains at the forefront of all industry trends and technology.
- Have a good working knowledge of various plastic molding processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to manage customers
- Lean manufacturing skills
- Six Sigma certification or the willingness and ability to become certified
- Excellent CAD skills (Solidworks)
- Project management skills
Engineering degree (BS /MS etc.) or equivalent, Mechanical Engineering preferred, and a minimum of 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and write in English; secondary language skills are desirable but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent command of a wide variety of computer software. Most importantly, this individual should have excellent experience in 3D CAD modeling, with SolidWorks being the preferred platform. Fluent in the use of all Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project.
Certificates and Licenses:
SSBB a plus
Lean certification a plus
PE certification a plus.