Safety Professional - Construction
Billings, MT Posted: 11/21/2019
Our client is a major refinery in the Northwestern area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the United States. They operate an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They are looking for a SAFETY PROFESSIONAL who has experience with construction safety in their Billings, MT refinery.
Responsible for assisting company manage safety and risk related to construction projects and company operations. Assist and maintain compliance with federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations.
- Provide site related assistance as needed
- Participate in developing and adhering to job specific safety plans.
- Help in maintaining job site safety documentation and other administrative needs at job level.
- Inspect organizational facilities and job sites to detect existing potential hazards. Determine corrective or preventative measures and assign responsibility and follow up.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes teamwork and collaborative actions.
- Ensure construction personnel receive proper orientation, training, and are familiar with refinery SWPs & Contractor Safety Management Policy. Assist with Security access.
- Accountable for ensuring training and safety related documentation is in place per Company policy for all contractors.
- Integrate with refinery HSE Team to achieve unified safety expectations and performance between refinery and capital project activities.
- Act as a work permitting Safety resource for refinery Work Authorization as needed.
- Ensure all Contractors are in full compliance the Billings Refinery Contractor Safety Management program. Ensure revised or new Safety policies are communicated and trained to Contractors.
- Develop and implement bridging plans as required to bring contractor safety plans into agreement with P66 Safety Management Program.
- Act as a single point of contact for safety related issues that arise during field construction activities.
- Be familiar with daily construction activities, highlight potential safety issues to craftspeople daily.
- Periodically audit construction activities in the field on a daily basis to ensure conformance to refinery SWPs, Project Procedures and safe construction practices.
- Develop and work with Contractors to complete any needed Job Safety Execution Plans (JSEPs).
- Raise safety awareness on a regular basis with Contractors, including lead and coordination of regular Safety Meetings.
- Organize and document regular Team safety audits that focus on activities such as JSA’s, work permitting, work observations, etc.
- Attend and actively participate Project & Construction meetings as required.
- Report safety related issues/concerns to Project Management as they arise.
- Provide input on constructability issues and construction execution plans.
- Manage and maintain Safety metrics to support refinery and project reporting.
- Participate in the Billings Refinery Contractor Steering Committee and VPP audits.
- A minimum of (5) years in safety role(s).
- OSHA 30 or similar
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to deal with situations involving sensitive and confidential company issues
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Experience with construction contractors and construction practices.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations and injury classification pertinent to refinery and general project construction.
- Thorough knowledge of refinery safe work practices.
- Experience, certification or educational background in the scaffolding discipline is preferred.
- Certification as a Tank Entry Supervisor is preferred.
- Ability to arrange and coordinate safety and orientation training
- Ability to coach and influence Contractors and contractor personnel for safety performance and success.
- Ability to monitor and coordinate safety plans and practices across a refinery wide project area.
- Proficiency in email and written communication.
- Accountable and delivers on commitments
- A passion for safety and the ability to proactively change safety attitudes and performance within others.
- Ability to constructively hold personnel accountable for safety behavior and conformance to policy/procedure.
- Good communication skills to positively influence results – influencing, motivating, and driving results
- Networking and team building skills
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Already have an account? Log in here