Sr. Project Engineer
Concord, CA Posted: 11/14/2019
Skill Set Required:
- Construction Administrative support with precision and speed
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus on quality and process improvement.
- Sound economic-thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make informed and logical decisions.
- Moderate level of theoretical and practical knowledge of design and construction engineering concepts.
- Knowledge of budgets and project resources.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Prepare Request for Information (RFI's) and product submittal packages
- Determine project costs by calculating labor, material and related costs
- Prepare/assists with prep of monthly client progress payment requests
- Plan take-off and daily quantity tracking of work activities
- Prepares cost tracking analysis on daily work activities against budget
- Assist project team in developing final means and methods for construction of heavy civil projects
- Assist project team in developing value engineering for both public and private projects
- Design projects leading to environmental protection, such as groundwater pump & treat system and SVE system with various treatment technologies (environmental remediation)
- Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data (environmental remediation).
- Prepares engineering documents by developing remediation system specifications, plans, and schedules (environmental remediation).
- Confirms adherence to remediation system specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting remediation system;verifying calculations and placements (environmental remediation)
- Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding contractors
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Manage Design, production, data import into spatial platform, and basic development of plan drawings for environmental projects.
- Provide basic knowledge of math and statistic functions in order to provide quality control checks of data created by other technicians.
- Provide analytical and organization skills, manage budgets and project resources
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- Liaison with clients and a variety of professionals including engineers, architects and subcontractors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Engineering Management, Civil Engineering or similar field from accredited College or University; and previous work experience on large Heavy Civil/Heavy Highway projects is preferred.
- 7-10 years verifiable experience
- 40-hour HAZWOPER and other OSHA required certificates to assist operations and monitoring activities at our environmental project sites.
- Cursory knowledge of environmental engineering(specifically for soil, groundwater, monitoring, construction, and hazardous waste remediation project sites).
- Experience reading blueprints and working with earth moving, storm drains, sewers and waterlines is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in software programs such as Viewpoint, Primavera, Suretrak, etc. CAD tools as needed.
Already have an account? Log in here