PROJECT SET UP
• Under the direction of Project Billing Lead works with Project Accountants and/or Project Managers,
reviews Project set up in the Business System; establishes project details, financial plans, rate schedules,
customer details, payment plans, multi-currency billing set up
• Interprets commercial Billing Terms and conditions, Ensures accuracy of Rate Build Up and reviews with
Project Mgmt/Project Accountant at initial project set up.
• Ensures proper documentation is in place; files and organizes hard and soft copy documentation.
• Ensures current signed contract is in place and credit checks completed where applicable and all
amendments are on file.
• Codes project events using proper event types and enters data into the business system.
• Sets up invoicing calendar for all customers and projects (maximizing month billings).
• Compiles and collates back up documentation for invoices.
• Prepares sample customer invoices for review by Project Manager and/or Project Accountant if required
and obtains approval for invoice format and detail.
• Issues approved client invoices and credit notes within agreed timelines. Keeps a register of invoices
when distributed to client.
• Runs weekly Exception Reports and reviews project revenue recognition. Resolves issues highlighted in
the Exception Reports for project(s) not generating revenue.
• Reviews WIP Reports and conducts WIP report reviews with Project Managers/Project Accountants to
ensure prompt invoicing
• Where appropriate, contacts clients to ensure invoices have been received, agreed and actioned by client
and provides updates to Project Manager/Project Accountant of progress of invoice payments for cash
• Reviews Aged Debtors Report(s) and assists in the development of corrective action plans; follows up on
outstanding debtors with Project Managers/Project Accountants and clients.
• Works with Project Teams to ensure all Time corrections and/or AP corrections are made to the project in
a timely Support
• Runs system queries and reports as requested.
• Responds to routine inquiries on invoicing.
Job Specific Knowledge:
• Detail oriented
Industry Specific Experience:
• Engineering, consulting EPC, WPCM and construction project knowledge.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
• Diploma in Accounting preferred.
• Familiar with ERP environments, specifically Oracle a plus.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Interpersonal: Builds appropriate, constructive, and effective business relationships throughout the
organization; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; communicates clearly, accurately, and
consistently both verbally and in written matters. Employs the principles of active listening and encourages
feedback from others.
• Action Orientation: Achieves results set by self and others, meets and exceeds timelines, pushes to
achieve stretch goals, and demonstrates enthusiasm, persistence and tenacity. Breaks down work into
• Customer Focus - Commits to building enduring relationships and delivering optimal customer solutions.
Effectively meets internal customer needs, builds proactive relationships and takes responsibility for
satisfaction and loyalty.
• Intellectual Capacity - Deals with new concepts and complexity comfortably. Examines problems carefully
and thoroughly and understands their inter-dependencies. Can pull information and ideas from many
sources and see the importance of many factors.
Extent of Guidance or Control:
• Guidance readily available from Project Billing Team Lead
Impact of Decisions on Results:
• Outputs of role are relied on by customers and by the business for decision making; outputs must be
Position Significance Relative to Total Organisation:
• Minimal contact with clients and sub-region management.