SHE Site Manager
Pasadena, TX Posted: 11/4/2019
COMPANYis a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty and intermediate chemicals and polymers. COMPANY comprises 34 businesses, most with a major chemical company heritage.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Adherence/Compliance to COMPANY SHE Guidelines
- Drive adherence to the COMPANY SHE Rules and the Principles for Managing Behavioral Safety and Process Safety.
- Prepare annual SHE improvement plan for the site in co-ordination with Plant Manager.
- Routinely interact with employees and contractors on Behavioral and Process Safety Principles concerns and issues.
- Communicate to the site personnel and contractors to work in line with SHE KPIs and Targets set by management at all the times.
- Lead, continually develop, communicate, and contribute to the Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program at site.
- Ensure that all incidents, including near misses are reported, investigated, and action items tracked to closure.
- Oversee incident reporting and investigation, MOC, and Action Item tracking
- Collaborate to track and close all SHE related action items generated from audits, plant walkthroughs, etc.
- Contribute to COMPANY Asset Care Program.
- As an Asset Manager, take responsibility for maintaining the assigned asset and the integrity of any associated protective systems.
- Ensure site procedures aligned with COMPANY Group Guidance Notes (IGGNs).
- Drive the COMPANY Sustainability program at site.
- Ensure SHE and PSM targets are met and continuously improved.
Leadership of SHE Culture
- Develop the safety culture at the site and work safely for incident free operation.
- Lead, develop, communicate and contribute to the Behavior Based Safety (BBS) program at the site.
- Promote participation in SHE programs in close coordination with other respective functional/departmental heads on the site.
- Provide adequate resources to manage Incident Investigations, Process Hazard Analysis/LOPA, and Management of Change.
- Reviews / approves Critical Interlock / Bypass permits as required.
- Participate on SHE Principle audits at other facilities.
- Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root causes and corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
- Support Process Hazard Analysis and Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA).
- Ensure proper Emergency Response plans and procedures are in place.
- Serve as site’s primary Emergency Response Coordinator for RCRA related events.
- Maintain site databases concerning near hits, action items and audits.
- Maintain the plant SHE investigation log, review all SHE investigations to ensure root causes and actions are appropriate, and distribute completed investigations.
- Ensure that all scheduled site SHE procedures are reviewed and updated.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations
- Represent the site as key interface with regulatory agencies (OSHA, US EPA, Ohio EPA, Coast Guard, etc.).
- Accountable for the execution of sustaining SHE policies, activities and improvement opportunities.
- Ensure that permit applications, modifications, and all environmental reporting are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain OSHA injury/illness logs.
- Develop, implement, and support a comprehensive contractor management process, including audits and annual re-qualifications.
- Oversee, monitor, and/or actively participate in MOC approvals; PSM, OSHA, Insurance audits; incident investigations, corrective actions.
- Ensure proper risk assessments and approval process in place for Management of Change.
- Track and publish site SHE KPI’s and statistics and communicate the results to plant employees and divisional leaders.
- Develop communication packages and activities to support the company’s SHE Principles.
- Develop an annual SHE internal audit schedule.
SHE Training and Development
- Update and maintain a SHE training matrix in conjunction with site leadership and HR for all employees and contract workers in line with the activities carried out by them at the site.
- Develop and deliver SHE training to plant employees.
- Manager and conduct necessary SHE training for all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Ensure that all employees receive training on SHE related topics.
- Manage KMS system for the site and train all site users on MOC preparations and reporting of all incidents and near misses.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the annual emergency brigade training plan.
- Ensure all qualifications are obtained and maintained for the incident commanders and emergency brigade.
- Meet routinely with the local fire department to discuss response issues and concerns.
- Critique all emergency drills and real emergencies.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Technical knowledge on chemical plant operations, Waste Water Treatment Plant, Air Pollution Control systems, Fire Safety, and Industrial Hygiene
- Thorough knowledge of local and Federal regulations on Safety, Health, and Environment.
- Liaison experience with statutory authorities in getting project approvals, license to operate (consents, environment clearances, license to store hazardous chemicals).
- Thorough knowledge of ISO, OSHA, Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment and Control, JSA, HAZOP, Process safety management and RCFA techniques.
- Training and management skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Clear and effective written and oral communication.
- Data Management and analytical ability.
- Ability to support and coach others.
- Work with outside contractors and internal management to ensure contractor adherence to applicable SHE requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in SHE/PSM and plant operation with an understanding of SHE compliance and issues related polymer or petrochemical manufacturing.
- Experience as a SHE Manager strongly preferred.
Already have an account? Log in here