Memphis, TN Posted: 10/30/2019
- Obtain quotes, prepare and place purchase orders, use judgment and decision making to analyze requirements and proposals for agreement with specifications, delivery and price
- Receives and reviews approved requisitions. Reviews requisitions for completeness; works with proponents if they have insufficient information to place the order
- Determines sourcing solution; whether requisitions can be sourced using existing contracts, bid or direct negotiation, utilize from stock where possible.
- Builds bid packages and analyzes bid response to evaluate the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Utilizes Oracle procurement for Request for Quotation and order placement. Attaches all necessary documentation to Oracle documents. Approves or submits orders for approval, copying expediters.
- Manages the change-order process; works with expeditor's on returns to vendors (RTV's).
- Ensures compliance with internal policy requirements, as well as Business Unit specific terms of reference.
- Create & maintain appropriate order status and supplier performance management reporting for both customer and management visibility.
- Provide supplier performance feedback to supervisor and local contract proponents.
- Reports cost savings and cost avoidance.
- Builds internal networks and fosters internal relationships with proponents, regional and corporate supply chain organizations.
- Supports strategic sourcing initiatives for specific categories, identifies opportunities for spend aggregation and broader category initiatives.
- Coordinate with company subsidiaries to exploit sharing and leveraging opportunities and best practices.
- Assist in development of purchasing best practices approach to deliver efficient services at lowest cost.
- Maintain high ethical business relationship with suppliers.
Already have an account? Log in here