Job Description - Site Controller:
• Represent the finance and controlling function as a member of the Plant Leadership Team
• Maintain appropriate communication of results to the plant, business, and other internal parties as requested
• Provide monthly updates on spending patterns, variance to budget and forecast, and other Key Financial Performance Indictors (Financial KPIs)
• Provide technical expertise and guidance for both internal policies and external reporting requirements (IFRS & GAAP) as necessary
• Provide technical guidance regarding SAP cross functional relationships and aide to enhance and add efficiency to business reporting and site processes
• Provides coordination for the site controlling area including:
o Preparation and analysis of financial reports
o Coordination of the site forecast and budget preparation (variable and fixed cost)
o Analyze and report on SAP variances (spending, idle, usage and price variances)
o Responsible for compliance with company accounting policies and procedures, and provides for adequate protection of the company’s assets.
o Ensures monthly closure and reconciliation of all site balance sheet accounts, and maintains the necessary calculations and information necessary to determine the appropriate amounts in these accounts.
o Preparation and submission of various government reports.
• Ensure proper product costing of all materials on a monthly and annual basis
o Maintain monthly update of target cost for existing and new materials
o Validate monthly actual product cost via SAP Material Ledger process
• Maintain financial review requirements for all capital projects per the Delegation of Authority (DoA) as part of the local Capital Decision Boards
o Ensure internal capital guidelines and external regulations are appropriately adhered to
o Ensure appropriated Front End Loading (FEL) expenditures are properly classified to capital and expense
o Utilize financial models to ensure that capital justification metrics are reasonable with appropriate levels of spending
o Assist in the development of financial justification as required for capital projects
o Develop and maintain monthly capital spending reports
• Coordinate the preparation and validation of Site Service Level Agreements (SLA) for internal and external services.
o Auditing of incoming invoices to ensure adhere to terms and conditions
o Preparation support and approval of out-going service and product invoices
o Dispute resolution and error corrections per the terms of the SLAs
• Support Audit requirements at the local level from all sources: Internal Audit, External Audit, State Tax Audit
• Undertake strategic projects and analytical studies as requested
• Expertise in SAP financial modules (FI & CO), and a detailed understanding of the integration with other modules
• Demonstrated experience with cost accounting/reporting, IFRS/GAAP, Supply Chain, Planning and Forecasting
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office Products: Excel, Power Point, Outlook
• Working knowledge of IFRS/GAAP and ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Bachelors/Undergraduate Degree in Accounting or Finance. An advanced degree, MBA, or CPA is highly desirable
• 5+ years of progressive operations finance experience, including experience as a plant controller, Chemical Industry preferred
• Experience with multisite plants
• Excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish