Long Beach, CA Posted: 10/18/2019
This position is responsible for supporting all Company operations in the management of safety programs. The goal is continuous H&S performance improvement in compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations while identifying and mitigating risks related to the Company's Pipeline assets for all matters related to health and safety issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Monitors and ensures compliance with Company mitigation measures and permit requirements.
- Coordinates all federal and state mandated training programs as it applies to health and safety.
- Stays abreast of current and pending legislation affecting health and safety and informs management accordingly.
- May participate in incident investigations to determine root cause; recommending changes and taking corrective action.
- Interpret H&S regulations and policies and provide guidance as appropriate with OSHA and Cal OSHA regulations.
- Manage emergency response plans at facilities.
- May lead company internal Safety Champion Program
- Bachelor's degree in Safety or Industrial Hygiene, or applicable.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Standing desired.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Oil & Gas field.
- Verifiable experience with developing, writing, implementing, and testing company safetly programs and manuals.
- Experience leading company safety training.
- In-depth knowledge in OHSA/Cal OSHA and Regulatory Compliance as it relates to oil & gas industry.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound recommendations, decisions and project plans that secure the continuing operation of the business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (training, presentation, team collaboration and communication) with the ability to influence others.
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Experience with ISN Net World is ideal
Already have an account? Log in here