Bakersfield, CA Posted: 10/16/2019
The EH&S Specialist is part of the Environmental, Health & Safety Team, working with the entire Pipeline organization to provide EH&S oversight and support necessary to operate our pipeline assets and the business in a manner that is safe, reliable and compliant with all applicable federal and state compliance regulations. Works with Engineering and Operations teams to provide information on design and operating requirements of pipeline facilities to ensure compliance with environmental regulations of the EPA, Regional Air & Water Districts, DTSC, local CUPA, County Environment Health departments, OSHA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensures company-wide EH&S compliance; gathering information on all issues, technologies and regulations as they relate to the operation of pipelines.
- Ensure that the output of design and construction of new facilities and the modification and maintenance of existing facilities meet the requirements of EH&S standards and compliance.
- Inspects company property to identify areas susceptible to hazardous substance contamination, public inquiry or other potential risk to the company.
- Evaluates operational EH&S problems and recommends necessary changes in procedures or equipment.
- Reviews inspection reports and citations from the Environmental Protection Agency and other government agencies.
- Participates in the development and implementation of training and informational programs associated with operations of pipeline, terminals, and related facilities.
- Performs routine assessments and evaluation of projects and identifies opportunities for improvement; makes recommendations.
- B. S. in Engineering or Science Degree from an accredited college required or equivalent experience. May consider experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of EH&S Compliance or Pipeline.
- Proven track record working with environmental agencies on facility inspections and audits.
- Ability to do Title V recordkeeping and reporting.
- Experience with submitting reports to EH&S agencies; DTSC, CUPA, RWQCB, EPA, County Health, and Cal OSHA.
- Experience handling facility inspections and audits with CUPA and local Environmental Health Departments.
- General knowledge of Biological and Cultural resources.
- Proven track record working with EPA, Regional Air & Water Districts, CUPA, and Environmental Health Departments.
- General knowledge of Pipeline operating and regulatory requirements; DOT / CA State Fire Marshall.
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening tests.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Already have an account? Log in here