Bakersfield, CA Posted: 10/16/2019
This position is part of the Engineering and Regulatory Compliance Team working with the entire Pipeline organization to provide engineering and technical support necessary to operate our pipeline assets and the business in a manner that is safe, reliable and compliant with all applicable State and Federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage capital and expense pipeline projects.
- Determine the relevant Engineering Standards for local operations and projects.
- Ensure that the processes for design and construction of new facilities and the modification and maintenance of existing facilities meet the requirements of Engineering Standards and DOT Requirements.
- Creates procedures for repairs, relocations, removal and abandonment of pipelines.
- Ensure projects incorporate applicable local standards and regulatory requirements and the application of approved procedures in every project involving contractors.
- Provide engineering support for hydrotests, lLl inspections (smart pig) and pipeline repairs.
- Perform risk assessments and manage engineering aspects of significant, temporary and permanent changes.
- Analyze relevant data and perform stress and hydraulic analysis for pipelines.
- High school diploma required.
- B. S. Degree in Engineering or Science from an accredited college required.
- 5-10 years of combined technical experience in Engineering, Maintenance or Operations.
- Strong knowledge of Pipeline operations and DOT regulations.
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Project.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Able to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others, communicate effectively, manage conflicting priorities and establish strong rapport with internal and external clients.
- Able to make sound recommendations, decisions and project plans that facilitate on-time and on-budget project completion that secures the continuing safe and compliant operation of the business.
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Already have an account? Log in here