Verification and Validation (V&V) Engineer for Software. The selected candidate will work under direct supervision of the V&V Lead to produce clear and concise V&V documents for medical devices. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Learn from and adhere to internal quality manual (Quality System Procedures, Work Instructions, and Forms).
• Perform manual and automated testing of medical devices with embedded software. Testing includes but is not limited to:
• Testing via the device User interface
• Remote testing via wired communication interfaces
• Remote testing via wireless communication interfaces
• Peripheral (SD Card, external measurement, etc.) functionality testing via SD Card, wired, and wireless interfaces
• Perform manual and automated testing of software only medical devices (iOS apps, web apps, etc.)
• Perform Unit Testing and Integration Testing
• Review code for logic errors, proper coding conventions, best practices, etc., and provide feedback
• Quickly learn to use automated test tools and specialty test equipment; develop and validate automated test scripts.
• Log defects and issues found during V&V activities and track to closure.
• Prioritize project tasks to complete on schedule while maintaining quality of work.
• Work in a team environment; peer review work.
• Provide weekly project status reports.
• Develop test plans, test procedures, trace matrices, and test reports.
• Perform regression analysis and determine testing associated with design changes.
• Work closely with Design Quality Engineer to identify safety related units in software
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
• 3-5 years professional experience.
• Experience with software V&V of embedded devices required
• Basic understanding of global medical device regulations, requirements, and standards preferred.