For more than 3 consecutive years, our client has been a top 5 ENR rated Engineering, Construction, and Professional Services firm. They are leaders in engineering, design, architecture, construction, and O&M for projects globally. They work in oil & gas, power, infrastructure, government, defense and facilities environments.
We are seeking talented Lead Civil / Structural Engineers with experience in leading small to mid scale projects in the downstream refinery and chemical / petrochemical markets. FEED and EPC and EPCm experience are all desirable
Key requirements for a Lead Civil / Structural Engineer
• Leadership skills in Engineering with ability to handle complex multi-office projects
• Organizational skills to manage 5-10 small projects at any given time
• Carrying the responsibility for the project success and providing strong direction for the team
• Plans and manages the work, managing the financial aspects of the discipline, including the man-hour estimates and margin goals
• Excellent communication and coordination skills (both verbal and written).
• Flexibility to travel on a regular basis
• Ability to handle teams of 5+ engineers structured and spread across 2 or 3 Jacobs offices
• Understanding of Project business case and reflect this in the work environment such as productivity, schedule, work hour control, innovation etc.
• Should have involvement in development and implementation of activities such the latest technology and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy and productivity for the department.
• Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, and demonstrating this by example
• Can work as an efficient team with project management and other disciplines, both within Jacobs and that of the client
• Responsible for ensuring that the Dept./Disciplines quality management system is followed taking into account any special contractual requirements.
The role of Lead CS Engineer is a key leadership role, being responsible for the day to day supervision and coordination of CS Engineering and Design team assigned to a project. The Lead CS Engineer reports functionally to the Discipline Manager and operationally to one or more Project Managers. Input and leadership will be delivered in the conceptual design, project specifications, FEED, basic engineering, extend basic and detailed design phases.
Key skills for a Lead CSA Engineer on a project:
• Predictability & control: Ensures work is carried out competently and effectively within schedule, budget, quality and that project objectives are met.
• Provides overall supervision and leadership of discipline project teams of 5+ engineers and designers. Develops a productive and cohesive team.
• Develops and coaches’ junior engineers within the discipline project team
• Maintains effective communication with project team members, customer and all interfaces
• Ensures integrity of work scope and that work is carried out in accordance with applicable codes and standards
• Able to produce man-hour and schedule estimates
• Pro-actively identifies issues that impede project progress; reports issues to Project
• High level of Safety Awareness
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering with proven leadership experience in Refinery / Petrochemical markets. Experience in Upstream Oil and Gas, Fertilizers / Mining will also be considered if the leadership experience is well demonstrated.
• Has already been responsible for a team of 5+
• 10+ years of engineering experience with concrete and steel structures
• 5+ years of experience in petrochemical industry
• Multi-office project experience
• Competent in STAAD pro
• Functional MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required
• Strong knowledge of California Codes
• US PE required