Construction Coordinator - Refinery
Richmond, CA Posted: 9/18/2019
Our client is a major refinery in the Northern California area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They are looking for a Construction Representative who has experience with new construction pipeline projects in their Richmond, CA refinery.
The Construction Representative assists the construction staff in evaluating and implementing pipeline or facilities projects relating to new construction. The primary focus of the position is to participate in determining contracting strategy, developing contractor bid invitations, selecting contractors, and monitoring progress during construction. The Construction Representative is responsible for providing day to day field oversight over safety, quality, and productivity of the project execution.
- 8+ years of superintendent field experience within the petrochemical industry required
- High School Degree or GED required
- Strong I&E project experience and/or Civil, Structural/Mechanical project experience required
- Experience supporting/managing multiple construction projects at one time
- Basic proficiency of MS Office – Excel, Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and comfortability leading/presenting construction meetings
- Ability to climb scaffoldings/ladders, or completing observations from heights
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Ability to work night shift, when needed
- Strong knowledge and awareness of construction safety culture
- TWIC Card required
- California DL required
- Candidates local to Richmond, CA/Bay Area required
- Exposure to Primavera (interpret on what they’re reading in Primavera) preferred
- Construction Representative is the conduit of communication for the project
- Required to verify progress, expediting RFI’s coordinating inspections, safe practice observations, construction coordination support, status/expediting material/equipment to the contractor and provide QA support.
- Responsible for ensuring the change management is initiated in a timely manner. Can answer minor RFI’s per delegation. All other will be routed to the Construction Engineer for processing.
- Serve as the first line of inspection for a quality installation. Sign off quality steps where qualified and engaging QM as needed.
- Responsible to ensure the contractor is building to the engineering specification and building codes.
- Responsible to ensure and enforce the safety requirements and industry standards (CAL/FED OSHA)
- Responsible to ensure RFI’s technically relevant and are expedited through the proper discipline to minimize impact to the construction schedule and cost.
- Perform the day to day contact for the contractors during execution of the project. Be the first contact for the change management work process including RFI’s and FCO’s.
- Support the CM as requested for early project constructability input.
- Responsible for ensuring the project progress meets the conditions of satisfaction by auditing against standard rules of credit.
Already have an account? Log in here