Richmond, CA Posted: 9/4/2019
Our client is a major refinery in the Northern California area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They are looking for a Turnaround Buyer who has experience supporting a busy procurement department in their Richmond, CA refinery.
The Turnaround Buyer supports the Maintenance Turnaround team at the Richmond Refinery. The Maintenance team supports all procurement needs, materials, and services for specific turnarounds at the refinery. The position is slated for at least 1 year and will be continuously extended over time.
- Responsible for overseeing all material managements plan for assigned turnarounds.
- Coordinates all turnaround order placement, expediting and administration of routine purchases. This may include pipes valves/ fittings, valves, pipe spools, instrumentation, filters, etc, and complex purchases and/or service orders (e.g. “single event” service orders, low-medium complexity engineered items and general labor orders).
- Negotiates with suppliers on behalf of the refinery regarding various commercial and operational matters related to orders including; surplus material returns, pricing, disposition and material and damage claims. Coordinates material shipments with suppliers and transportation companies as necessary.
- Coordinates assigned Requisition Tech/Expeditors and material runners for assigned turnarounds.
- Owns all turnaround status tools and responsible for delivery of current status information to the Turnaround Leader
- Serves as the first point of escalation for all supplier issues and addresses for resolution.
- Understands and applies the Turnaround Procurement Standard Operating Procedure and contributes input & recommendations for improvement during annual review of the procedure.
- Coordinates with the Warehouse Supervisor on staffing the warehouse personnel needed to support the assigned turnarounds.
- Supports coordination of logistics for site laydown and warehousing for assigned turnarounds.
- Supports the integration between Projects and Turnaround Materials tracking and expediting.
- Efficient management of the Procurement through Payables process including advocacy for use of eProcurement tools and purchasing/contracting best practices.
- Ensures proper terms and conditions are included on all purchase/service orders. Ensures purchasing activities are consistent with purchasing policies and philosophies (i.e. material standardization and use of contracts).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5-7+ years demonstrated Procurement/Supply Chain Buyer experience, or a BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-pace, multi-discipline environment, handling multiple projects with demanding schedules.
- Experience coordinating the buying/expediting activities for turnaround team members.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel Spreadsheets, Word, Email and PowerPoint.
- Candidates local to Richmond/Bay Area required
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering
- SAP and/or Ariba/GEP knowledge
- Experience creating, tracking orders, spend analysis in Procurement Solution System, or similar software platform strong preferred
- Procurement and/or Materials Management in a refinery or similar operational environment.
- Experience in sourcing and negotiating contracts (Legal terms and conditions)
- Supply Chain/logistics/Procurement project management experience strongly preferred
***Please note the schedule is a 9/80 but can change due to the turnaround***
Already have an account? Log in here