Pipeline and Utility Designer
Our client is a successful Engineering, Design and Project Management Company headquartered in Southern California. They have nearly 40 years of experience in effective System Planning, Engineering, and Coordinating of energy, process, utility, and water resource facilities.
They are seeking Pipeline and Utility Designer to support pipeline and utility design, mapping, and database development using AutoCAD from their office in Orange County, CA.
Responsibilities will include:
- Investigating and documenting existing features, utilities, and other subsurface structures in southern California
- Incorporating survey and property/right-of-way information
- Developing exhibits for communication and permitting
- Preparing construction drawings.
- The work is primarily in the office, but there is often opportunity to do field investigation and validation for the pipeline and utility designs.
- The primary tool used in this work is AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Some designers also use GIS as part of the work flow process and development of deliverables, depending on project requirements and the initiative of individuals to learn and apply ESRI and other GIS systems to the completion of the work.
- Minimum of 4 years of technical experience relative to the engineering and/or design of infrastructure facilities.
- Candidates must be able to use AutoCAD and have an understanding of the use of external references, photo manipulation, and AEC objects.
- Position also requires the demonstrated ability to learn new software, standards, and work processes quickly.
- Successful people will learn the design aspects of these facilities while enhancing their AutoCAD capabilities, with potential to develop to designer and design lead positions.
- Position also requires the demonstrated ability to learn new software, standards and work processes quickly.
- Prior AutoCAD and GIS experience or relevant training is required.
- Successful performance and years of engineering study will apply to experience requirement.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D is a plus.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering is desirable but not required
- Some experience with construction is a plus, but not required
- Specific related pipeline or utility-related design experience, either with an engineering firm or utility operator, and command of AutoCAD Civil3D and ArcGIS is preferred.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer