Salt Lake City, UT Posted: 9/3/2019
Document Control Specialist
For almost 50 years, our client is one of the largest independent producers of petroleum products in the United States. They are seeking a Document Control Specialist to support a large capital improvement project at a local refinery, from Engineering through Construction. This person should have experience implementing document/data management solutions with a primary focus on document control and records management, without supervision. This position will manage a variety of document types while working at the offices of the engineering consultant.
- Establish and maintain various filing systems, schedules, and records; file correspondence, reports, bulletins; log reports, and correspondences.
- Process contractor submittals and RFIs, NCR’s and Changes.
- Take meeting notes and distribute for review and approval.
- Supports and review contractor submittals for compliance with contract documents and logs responses.
- Through organizing and leading by example, develop and implement controls (i.e. simple, clear, consistent file structures), and ensure that communication and work flow protocols are followed by the team.
- May assist in providing technical and administrative review of construction documents to confirm design intent, RFIs, and submittals comparison, and coordination.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position, including possible supervision of a junior level Document Control Tech.
- 5-10+ years of experience primarily in document control of engineering and construction projects.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Strong working experience with SharePoint
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to stay organized in a fast paced and deadline driven work environment
- Refinery / Engineering / Project experience is highly preferred
- Ability to produce meeting minutes, action items and deficiency logs.
- Basic knowledge with refinery drawings (title blocks/revision blocks)
- Knowledge with Transmittals (incoming/outgoing process)
- Utilize various computer applications and software packages; utilize data to develop reports, charts, graphs, and forms; organize and maintain electronic files.
Already have an account? Log in here