Experienced Process Engineering – Contract Position
Process Engineer will report to the Process Engineering Superintendent and be responsible for process engineering during detailed design, construction and startup of various size capital projects. Accountable for assuring projects are technically sound, start-up correctly and achieve objectives.
• Utilize front end loading (FEL) work processes and best practices to assure timely and cost affective project development.
• Provide leadership in detailed project design and construction.
• Provide process engineering through startup to ensure original process intent is met.
• Review projects with internal and industry discipline experts to ensure projects are technically sound and cost effective.
• Review projects with appropriate plant personnel to ensure health, safety and environmental compliance requirements are met.
• Actively promote the latest technologies and problem-solving solutions.
• Provide process interface with Operations in project design, construction and execution, training and Prepare to Operate requirements.
• Complete process engineering MOC requirements for each project.
• Establish and validate project priorities, deliverables and deadlines with supervision.
• Manage competing priorities and multiple projects.
• Manage time to deliver on project assignments and commitments.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering.
• 5+ years of experience working in a refinery environment.
• 5+ years of experience working as a Project Process Engineer.
• Must be capable of being Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) qualified. For more information, you can visit www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/index.shtm.
• Possess commitment, dedication, and willingness to support management direction.
• Possess effective leadership, interpersonal and teamworking skills including the ability to work with and incorporate ideas of other organizations (i.e., safety, maintenance, environmental).
• Possess ability to coordinate and provide leadership for multiple issues and prioritize them appropriately given HS&E (compliance), business, and personnel needs.
• Possess strong refinery process engineering fundamentals.
Qualified Candidate Should:
• Be committed to providing and supporting a safe work environment,
• Seek, understand and use functional expertise to contribute to the success of the business,
• Communicate well both orally and in writing to interact and work well in a team environment,
• Encourage creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement,
• Have experience with process simulation programs and be computer proficient including applications for word processing, spreadsheets and process historian (PI) and database systems,
• Be committed to continuous learning and ongoing self-development.