Planner - P8
Benicia, CA Posted: 8/29/2019
Our client is a major refinery in the Northern California area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets.
Under the general direction of the Routine Maintenance Superintendent, scopes, plans, estimates, sequences, and arranges for materials and services for all approved notifications, projects and turnarounds in a manner that assures safety, efficiency, environmental compliance and cost effectiveness while meeting the operating plan. Assures all maintenance work complies with applicable safety, engineering specifications and standards, laws, regulations, policies and procedures.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Works with operations and other groups to fully understand the scope, priority and needed timing for maintenance work requests
- Analyzes, plans, estimates, and sequences notifications to ensure work is completed in a safe, environmentally compliant, timely and cost effective manner.
- Coordinates with and makes recommendations to Routine Maintenance Superintendent and Scheduler regarding backlog and projected maintenance needs and activities to facilitate scheduling and manpower resource utilization.
- Coordinates activities between crafts, supervisors, engineering, and operations to ensure repairs are completed in a safe, environmentally compliant, timely and cost effective manner.
- Works with Scheduler to redistribute manpower as needed for emergency work requests
- Actively participates in the safety process. Assures that all plans are in compliance with applicable governmental regulations and company policies and procedures
- Initiates requisitions for required materials, tools and contractor services
- Contacts and coordinates outside contractors for a wide variety of services, including infrastructure related services such as, but not limited to landscaping, road repair, plumbing, janitorial, building repairs, etc.
- Establishes plans and has material, resources, information and tools on hand to achieve high levels of craft productivity
- Proficient in planning, organizing, executing, and documenting turnarounds, daily maintenance, emergency and project work
- Prepares accurate labor and material estimates and cost tracking
- Performs investigations and issue reports on near misses, incidents or injuries that occur within the refinery as to their cause, and how to prevent recurrence.
- Develops or modifies maintenance or safety procedures individually or as a part of a team.
- Communicates effectively with other leadership both within and outside the Maintenance department including resolving scheduling, priorities, and other problem areas between Crafts, Operations, Maintenance and other departments.
- Consults with Technical Services and Reliability to ensure that maintenance work meets the requirements of mechanical, process metallurgical and environmental engineering, codes, policies and standards.
- Identifies issues, seeks assistance, and implements an improved reliability programs in assigned area that will reduce unplanned downtime and maintenance costs.
- Knows and consistently applies company policies, procedures and contracts
- Shares knowledge, skills and expertise with others for safe and efficient job performance
- Shares in maintaining Maintenance department and refinery budgets
- Reviews invoice documents for accuracy prior to final approval
QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 10 years of craft experience in heavy metals (pipefitter/boilermaker/welder, exchangers, towers, vessels, piping, etc.) and NOT rotating equipment (pumps, compressors, etc.). Refining or petrochemical experience highly preferred.
- Primavera preferred but not necessary justs have a planning software
- Prefer Candidates local to California but are willing to go outside now
- Minimum of 5 years of planning maintenance work strongly desired. Turnaround planning experience a plus.
- Excellent computer skills required: Excel, Word, SAP, P6
- Self-motivated, proactive, creative, results oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to interact with all levels, diverse groups and people.
- High School Diploma Required.
Already have an account? Log in here