Electrical Distribution Designer
Our client is a successful Engineering, Design and Project Management Company headquartered in Southern California. They have nearly 40 years of experience in effective System Planning, Engineering, and Coordinating of energy, process, utility, and water resource facilities.
They are seeking Electrical Distribution Designer to support underground electrical infrastructure, distribution, and reliability projects in San Diego, CA.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform site visits to gather field data and verify existing facilities and project requirements. Will be required to travel to/from various job sites.
- Candidates must be knowledgeable in GO128 requirements and SDG&E design and construction standards. (GO95 is a plus)
- Perform detailed design calculations for underground electric distribution SDG&E standards and specifications.
- Develop bill of materials required by SDG&E standards and preferences.
- Communicate design progress to SPEC management.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Prepare construction plans, material requirements, and cost estimates for underground electrical distribution projects.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects with various due dates.
- Experience working with SDG&E design project is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum work experience of 2 years in the design of electric distribution projects in underground electrical distribution configurations- overhead design is plus.
- Candidates must be able to use AutoCAD and have an understanding of the use of external references.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software, standards, and work processes quickly.
- Experience with O-Calc software is desirable.
- A two-year technical certificate or Bachelor Degree in engineering is desirable but not required, and successful performance and years of engineering study will apply to experience requirements.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D is a plus.
- Some experience with construction is a plus, but not required.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer