Contracts Specialist - Petrochemical
Billings, MT Posted: 8/12/2019
Our client is a major refinery serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the United States. They operate an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They are looking for a Contracts Specialist to execute day-to-day activities in the fulfillment of procurement contracting needs in their Billing, MT facility.
Contract Support is responsible for the development and fulfilment of Procurement Contract requirements for assigned business areas in the BU. The role will execute the sourcing and contracting of goods and/or services required for the business. This also includes the execution, operation, and life-cycle management of sourcing and contracting strategies while ensuring alignment with applicable Category Management strategies.
- Execute day-to-day activities in the fulfillment of procurement contracting needs for the business. [70%]
- Support the implementation, adoption and compliance of Contracting Standards and Key Procedures for the assigned business. [15%]
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to simplify and streamline contracting processes for the business. [15%]
- Contributes to Procurement objectives by executing the Procurement strategy.
- Supports and contributes to Procurement goals by providing the expertise necessary for development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of leading contracting management processes.
- Interfaces with Category Management to drive alignment on category and contracting strategies and contracting requirements.
- Develops strong results-based networks with key business leaders at to facilitate sharing information, best practices and lessons learned.
- Complies with relevant policies, standards and key procedures and minimizes risk and cost exposure.
- Executes the contracting processes (contract strategy, negotiations, T&Cs, implementation, maintenance and monitoring, etc.).
- Develops sound, fit for purpose contracts of the highest standard, and to the schedule requirements of the business.
- Complies with Procurement Policy, Internal Control Standards, and Contracting Standards and Key Procedures.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of the Contracting Standards and Key Procedures.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts to streamline contract management processes and attain the highest level of customer service.
- Supports the development and continuous improvement of standard contracting templates and contract clauses.
- Strives to achieve in all aspects of contracts excellence; planning, solicitation, development, negotiation, execution and operationalization.
- As directed, provides sourcing process execution in support of Category Management initiatives.
- Applies knowledge of commercial contract law and company guidelines, practices and requirements to develop appropriate terms and conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or relevant discipline.
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or relevant discipline (Preferred).
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of sourcing and contracting experience. (Preferred)
- Knowledge or firsthand experience with refinery, chemical plant or midstream work processes (Preferred).
- Strong knowledge of Contract Management processes and tools. Understanding "what great looks like".
- Strong commercial acumen with demonstrated competency in sourcing and contracting practices.
- Advanced contract drafting skills.
- Proven procurement technical skills in the development and execution of negotiation strategies as well as contract implementation planning & execution.
- Proven self-motivator who sets clear direction and priorities.
- Strong analytical, fact-based problem-solving skills.
- Effective communicator with good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence third parties such as suppliers, governmental organizations and partners.
- Knowledge of commercial frameworks and contract terms & conditions.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills & ability to effectively apply analytical tools, concepts and methods.
Apply online today!
Already have an account? Log in here