Linden, NJ Posted: 8/1/2019
Our client is a major refinery in New Jersey serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the United States. They operate an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They are looking for a Cost Estimator to perform all aspects of standard estimating functions in their Linden, NJ facility.
The Estimator is a critical member of the Capital Projects team. As the Estimator, you will be responsible for all aspects of standard estimating functions including estimate assurance, cost benchmarking, estimating at all project phases, and interactions in support of the Projects. In this role you will collaborate with the Project Planning team, Process Development, Procurement, and Construction.
- Estimating - provide Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM), Conceptual, and Detail estimates to on site project team.
- Estimate Assurance - provide assurance to total project cost estimates along with auditing contractor and engineering estimates
- Local Cost Benchmarking - Maintain historical cost database and apply learnings for improved project performance
- Develop & maintain Estimating tools, procedures and guidelines
- Support internal Independent Project Analysis (IPA) Benchmarking Exercises
- Support Business Development Team
- Monitor group performance against realistic targets to ensure that objectives are met
- Utilize the local cost database to measure performance of projects
- Field Verification Checks - able to audit construction and validate installed quantities
- Identify, analyze and respond to project opportunities, risks, and uncertainties.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and common industry practices as it relates to estimates
- Encourage multi-discipline teamwork.
- Support team with stage gated process and deliverables
- Work with Project Team resources to complete all closeout requirements, including lessons learned exercises.
- Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning the stages of, and risk analysis for, a project.
- Utilize estimating methods and engineering expertise to establish total project estimates.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge in broad areas of assignments.
- Provide conceptual quantity takeoffs or quantity takeoffs from drawings and sketches.
- Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility.
- Complete all tasks in accordance with design and project execution procedures and guidelines
- Perform field walk downs as needed to confirm completeness of estimate based on expertise.
- Establish crew mixes and crew rates, assign unit rates to work items.
- Establish plans for construction equipment, staffing, non-manual and temporary facilities.
- Maintain estimating database and information such as escalation indices, rate of exchange variation, productivity, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in estimating in Petrochemical/Refining Industry
- Effective Communication Skills
- Knowledge and application of Stage Gate Processes
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Supervisory Experience
- Construction/Major Project/Turnaround Experience
Already have an account? Log in here