Piping AutoCAD Drafter / Designer
San Antonio, TX Posted: 7/30/2019
The Design and Drafting Lead has a complete understanding and application of systems and technical principles, theories, and concepts in piping design and AutoCad software application. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Understands physical and electronic drawing storage system design and numbering. Provides solutions to a wide range of complex piping and equipment location related problems under general direction. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Minimum of 8 years experience required. Previous work experience in a refinery or chemical plant required, either for an owner or E&C
- High School Diploma required; additional education preferred
- Field experience and experience in developing drawings to support capital and maintenance projects required
- Demonstrated expertise in AutoCad required
- Experience in other applications such as Caesar is a plus
- Ability to access field equipment for drawing development and verification include including walking pipelines, climbing equipment and entering confined spaces. Must be able to wear a respirator
- Develops and updates PSM-related drawings including PFDs, P&IDs, plot plans, pressure vessels and process equipment, control systems drawing, electrical single line drawings, and related drawings.
- Conducts field review of piping drawings, P&IDs and physical equipment as required
- Uses Auto-Cad as the primary drawing editing and generation platform
- Reviews drawings provided by contractors for capital and maintenance projects as required
Already have an account? Log in here