Senior Piping Designer
Belle Chasse, LA Posted: 7/26/2019
Our client who is a major oil & gas company producing energy resources throughout the gulf coast is seeking a Senior Piping Designer to join their team.
The role may require responsibility for collaboration with other offices, field data gathering, the arrangement and layout of equipment and the design of the interconnecting piping systems. The position includes responsibility for the following types of activities.
• Discipline lead role on project team.
• Coordination of engineering and design activities with other project disciplines.
• Assist in schedule development as part of interactive planning sessions with other project team members.
• Maintain control of project piping scope, budget, and schedule.
• Knowledge of ASME, ANSI, API and other applicable codes.
• Preparation of plot plans, equipment layout, nozzle orientations
• Development of orthographic and isometric drawings.
• Generate/review piping specifications and obtain vendor quotation.
• Provide input for vendor equipment coordination for piping.
• Provide material take-off and costs for project estimates.
• Develop construction specifications and scope of work documentation.
• Perform field verification activities since many projects are a retrofit nature.
• Support construction, commissioning and start-up activities.
• Domestic and international travel is required. Up to 20% travel.
• Must be able to work in Operating Plant Environments
Proficient in CadWorx
• AA in drafting/design or BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical discipline with a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
• Piping experience in pulp and paper, semiconductor, oil and gas, and/or chemical industries.
• Familiarity with ASME Piping Codes.
Already have an account? Log in here