Our client is a major, national, energy operator with refinery assets across the US. They are seeking a mid level Project Manager to support a variety of small and mid-sized capital projects in Louisiana.
The Instrumentation and Electrical (I&E) Project Engineer is the technical resource responsible for detailed I&E design on assigned projects. Internal projects are developed from conceptual to startup phases utilizing a staged gate process. The I&E Project Engineer is also responsible for I&E review of designs created by external engineering contractors.
Responsibilities and duties:
Provides I&E Engineering support to the design teams in the execution of projects to:
• Develop I&E designs, specifications, and installation details in compliance with COMPANY standards, applicable industry codes and standards, and project deliverables.
• Work with on-site drafters/designers or off-site engineering contractors to develop and implement I&E designs.
• Develop funding estimates and request forms.
• Initiate procurement requests for instrumentation and electrical equipment.
• Work with project controls team to develop project schedule and spending curve and report progress monthly.
• Recognize and evaluate scope changes for impact to project cost and schedule and submit change requests for approval.
• Participate in factory and site acceptance testing.
• Assure project documentation requirements are satisfied.
• Support Project Managers in execution of projects.
• Comply with Management of Change process.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
• Strong safety focus in performance of daily activities with 100% compliance to site safety procedures.
• Experience with petrochemical industry field instrumentation, DCS, PLCs, and low voltage power systems.
• Knowledge and application of standards, codes, and industry practices including ISA, NEC, NFPA, and API.
• Ability to write instrument specifications
• Assist in check-out, commissioning, and startup of equipment
• Support multiple projects simultaneously
• Make sound technical decisions
• Good interpersonal skills working in a team environment
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• BS in Electrical Engineering or a related field combined with relevant experience
• Minimum of 5 years industrial experience
Preferred additional qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Experience with Honeywell DCS and Safety Manager
• SAP experience
• Ability to perform flow element and valve sizing calculations
• Safety instrumented systems experience and certification