IT Project Manager
Our client is a dynamic and growing national provider of traffic control services, products, rentals and engineering services.
They are looking for an IT Project Manager to lead small to medium sized IT projects or smaller components of a large-scale IT project or program in Signal Hill, CA
This person will be responsible for work being performed on an assigned project effort including cost, schedule, technical performance, customer satisfaction and people management relative to technical performance.
- Manage the assigned project(s) and may lead IT team(s) to achieve objectives for any small to medium IT related project.
- Sets goals, ensures that they are met and is responsible for continuous process improvement.
- May be responsible for processes across organizational lines.
- Exercise judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status.
- Will help in maturing the IT organization’s project methodology to ensure highest confidence of satisfactory project completion.
- Create and maintain appropriate project documentation and deliverables (i.e. Project plans, requirements, design, test, and User Acceptance Test plans).
- Determine the resources (time, money, resources, etc.) required to complete the project and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Leads and interacts with functional groups as necessary to define work breakdown structures/action items and to coordinate assigned tasks as required to achieve project goals related to schedule, performance, and cost. Promotes teamwork within the project.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques and generates appropriate reports to keep IT management and team members informed of the status of the assigned projects.
- Establish a communication cadence to update project stakeholders on the progress, changes or escalation of the project and project plan
- Coordinate internal resources (including business stakeholders and business system administrators) and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all associates affected by the project activities.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Perform risk management to minimize project risk
- Successful allocation of resources to meet the requirements of assigned projects
- Successful delivery of assigned projects (On-time, Budget and within scope)
- Manage scope creep and the allocation of resources (internal and third party) to the successful delivery of projects
- Raise awareness to areas where risks exist and aid in managing the portfolio to mitigate
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 Years Experience in IT Project Management
- Demonstrable experience of managing IT Projects in a corporate environment
- Working experience with both Waterfall and Agile Methodologies (slightly more emphasis on Waterfall)
- Experience building Project Plans & Work breakdown structures (MS Project or Smartsheet preferred)
- Experience building project documentation (Charters, Requirements Docs, Design Docs, Test Plans Etc.)
- Active knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Strong emphasis on details
- The ability to handle multiple priorities
- Broad awareness and understanding of the typical technology footprint corporate environment (VOIP Phone System, HRIS, ERP Systems, WAN, LAN and Wi-Fi Networks and I.T. Hardware, etc.)
- MS Project or Smartsheet
- B.S. in Computer Science, Networking, or related field preferred
- PMP Certification Preferred
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
This is a direct hire opportunity.
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k program (with employer matching), direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer