ASSISTANT PROJECT ENGINEER/SCIENTIST/GEOLOGIST
Our client is an Environmental Construction company performing all of the standard practices in Environmental/Remediation Construction, Demolition, Dig/Haul, etc.
If you are a Staff or Project Level Engineer with experience in these areas and are interested in an excellent direct hire opportunity, contact us now! Strong backlog of work long contracts with NAFVAC and Army Core with competitive pay and benefits.
The Assistant Project Engineer will independently plan and perform environmental field work involving collection of environmental data from site investigations and oversight of construction activities during site remediation. Develop, implement, and maintain procedures and programs to minimize environmental risks and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and ensure field work is being done safely, meeting quality requirements, and best management practices are being implemented properly.
- Prepare daily reports to summarize field oversight activities.
- Communicate clearly, responsively, and effectively to the client as well as ERRG’s project management and staff.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in preparing concise, well-written reports, proposals, and documents.
- Work with a program or project manager to manage scope, schedule, and budget.
- Independently plan, prepare, and perform fieldwork assignments.
- Implement field assignments in accordance with health and safety and quality control requirements.
- Prepare scopes of work and oversee subcontractors.
- Obtain quotes from vendors and subcontractors.
- Evaluate and determine the potential impact of federal, state and local regulations related to projects.
- Take ownership of assignments, communicate status, and see them through completion. Have a keen attention to detail and high expectations for quality.
- Able to forecast personal schedule/utilization and notify supervisor of availability.
- Adhere to project-specific and corporate-wide safety policies.
- Execute field activities, and record and maintain adequate documentation for closure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a 4-year college or university with a degree in engineering, geology, or science related field.
- 2 years of related work experience.
- Proficient in MS Word Office Suite Products.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training and/or 8-hour HAZWOPER Refresher completed prior to starting work.
- May be required to travel up to 25 to 50% of the time to project sites.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer