DOCUMENT CONTROL - Petrochemical / Refining / Oil and Gas
Carson, CA Posted: 7/16/2019
Our client is a major refinery in the Los Angeles area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets.
For almost 50 years, our client is one of the largest independent producers of petroleum products in the United States. They are seeking a Document Control Specialist to support a large capital improvement project at a local refinery, from Engineering through Construction. This person should have experience implementing document/data management solutions with a primary focus on document control and records management, without supervision. This position will manage a variety of document types while working at the offices of the engineering consultant.
- Establish and maintain various filing systems, schedules, and records; file correspondence, reports, bulletins; log reports, and correspondences.
- Process contractor submittals and RFIs, NCR’s and Changes.
- Take meeting notes and distribute for review and approval.
- Supports and review contractor submittals for compliance with contract documents and logs responses.
- Through organizing and leading by example, develop and implement controls (i.e. simple, clear, consistent file structures), and ensure that communication and work flow protocols are followed by the team.
- May assist in providing technical and administrative review of construction documents to confirm design intent, RFIs, and submittals comparison, and coordination.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position, including possible supervision of a junior level Document Control Tech.
- 5-10+ years of experience primarily in document control of engineering and construction projects.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Strong working experience with SharePoint
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to stay organized in a fast paced and deadline driven work environment
- Refinery / Engineering / Project experience is highly preferred
- Ability to produce meeting minutes, action items and deficiency logs.
- Basic knowledge with refinery drawings (title blocks/revision blocks)
- Knowledge with Transmittals (incoming/outgoing process)
- Utilize various computer applications and software packages; utilize data to develop reports, charts, graphs, and forms; organize and maintain electronic files.
Already have an account? Log in here