Senior Estimator – Refinery Construction & Maintenance
Our client is a full-service provider of construction, maintenance, turnarounds and safety services to the oil & gas, refining, chemical, power and other related industries, primarily in the western United States.
They are looking for an experienced Senior Estimator based in their Irvine, CA office to develop material take-offs from detailed engineering drawings to estimate installation labor and produce vendor/subcontractor packages for pricing.
This person will also be responsible for:
- Communicate with vendors and subcontractor to ensure pricing is compliant and competitive
- Develop Level II schedules and composite crew rates with input from operations/construction to estimate durations for temporary facilities, staff and equipment.
- Produce manpower graphs, progress curves and quantity curves
- Present estimate and schedule basis for Peer, Project and Business unit reviews
- Analyzes scope of work, drawings, specifications, enquiries and other documentation to prepare cost estimates
- Participate in job site visits and client pre-bid meetings
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss, formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Understand and provide Qty and Crew Based estimates in following categories: Civil, Concrete, Structural Steel, Piping, I&E
- Compile, analyze, and present cost estimates for construction, maintenance and turnaround services. Estimates are comprised of:
- Direct cost including quanities, labor, productivity, materials, and subcontracts
- Using industry standard unit hours and crew based as required
- Indirect cost including temporary facilities, construction services, staff, and equipment
- Works with operations to integrate execution plans and schedules into estimate
- Prepares and present bid review package including basis of estimate, schedules, contingencies and cost summary.
- Participate in estimates reviews and presentations internally and externally with clients
- Adheres to company’s estimating work practices and procedures
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of product or service, and suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- May coordinate activities of other estimators.
- Demonstrate high safety, ethical and professional behaviors
- 7 years minimum performing cost estimates for similar industries (heavy industrial)
- Knowledge of construction industry estimating best practices, systems, tools and principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to solve problems
- Proven track record of building strong relationships internally, and influencing decisions
- Excel advanced user with good knowledge of excel formulas (macro applications are a plus)
- Excellent computer skills to include Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Power Bi, Timberline, P6, and MS project preferred
- Ability to travel occasionally (25%)
- BS, Engineering, Construction Management or related degree preferred
- 12 year minimum experience with industrial construction company in providing similar services preferred
This client offers a competitive salary with career growth opportunities
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
This is a direct hire opportunity. PTS’s client offers a comprehensive full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision Insurance, prescription drug coverage, annual bonus potential, 401k matching, tuition assistance, overtime pay, paid time off, and much more.
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer