Staff Engineer /Geologist / Scientist -Environmental
Our client is an Environmental Construction company performing all of the standard practices in Environmental/Remediation Construction, Demolition, Dig/Haul, etc.
If you are a Staff Engineer with experience in these areas and are interested in an excellent direct hire opportunity, contact us now! Strong backlog of work long contracts with NAFVAC and Army Core with competitive pay and benefits.
The Staff Engineer is responsible to assist with planning and performing environmental work involving collection of environmental data from site investigations and oversight of construction activities. Develop, implement, and maintain procedures and programs to minimize environmental risks and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements by performing the duties listed below.
This position will also be Responsible for:
- Works under moderate oversight of daily work.
- Collects data and assists in interpretation of data.
- Researches information to assist in preparing technical reports.
- Assists in determining the potential impact of Federal, state and local regulations related to projects.
- Reads and interprets plans and specifications.
- Assists in obtaining quotes from vendors and subcontractors.
- Communicates effectively with others; asks appropriate questions to clarify expectations and promote learning.
- Manages multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Accepts responsibility for meeting standards of quality required by the company.
- Takes ownership of assignments and sees them through to completion.
- Meets internal deadlines.
- Adheres to project-specific and corporate-wide safety policies.
- Thorough and accurate when reviewing/checking own work.
- Executes field activities; records and maintains adequate documentation for closure.
- Able to forecast personal utilization and notify group leader/project manager of availability.
- Maintains own resume.
- Follows through on assignments and communicates status.
- Prepares portions of basic documents under supervision of others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Knowledge of MS Word Office Suite Products.
- 40 hour HAZWOPER training and 8 hour HAZWOPER Refresher.
- May be required to travel up to 25 to 50% of the time to project sites.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer