For more than 3 consecutive years, our client has been a top 5 ENR rated Engineering, Construction, and Professional Services firm. They are leaders in engineering, design, architecture, construction, and O&M for projects globally. They work in oil & gas, power, infrastructure, government, defense and facilities environments. They are seeking an Instrumentation & Controls Designer to support Energy / Oil & Gas related projects in Idaho.
As an I&C Design Professional working on leading semiconductor plants, you will create designs and specifications for state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. Working with other members of our collaborative team of our client and client staff, you will team up with engineers and other designers to design facility systems to accommodate the installation of new semiconductor manufacturing tools and new facilities construction. During your time with us, you will have the opportunity to engage with clients and subcontractors as you design, model, and draft I&C systems for production equipment installations, facility system installations building remodels, tool installs, and new construction. Your commitment to safety and intergroup communication will contribute to your success in this very dynamic, rapidly growing industry. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
In-depth knowledge of AutoCAD 2019.
- In-depth/Expert user knowledge of Revit 2016 (including metadata).
- Practical experience in the design and drafting of plant distribution systems with EPC consulting firms.
- Previous 3D modeling experience.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology from a recognized technical institute.
- 3+ years of design/modeling/drafting experience in an industrial facilities environment
- 3D model development of equipment, cabinets, cable trays & trenches, instruments & junction boxes, lighting, conduit, fittings, heat trace, etc.
- Producing 2D output from 3D designs
- Producing single lines & schematics, construction details, material take off, as-builts.
Knowledge and Skills:
MUST HAVE REVIT
- Basic understanding of NEC codes.
- Knowledge and experience in the design of industrial electrical systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical equipment, MCCs, panels, distribution boards, conduit, cable tray, wireway.
- Knowledge of the symbols and standard practices used in the preparation of single lines.
- Ability to prioritize work schedule, prepare accurate drawings, and demonstrate communication skills.
- Ability to maintain harmonious relations with other employees and vendors.