Regional Traffic Lead
Houston, TX Posted: 6/24/2019
Our client is seeking a candidate to lead their traffic engineering practice in either the Austin or Corpus Christi, Texas office.
The desired candidate has 5 years of creative problem solving experience in transportation and traffic engineering. Their new teammate is expected to continue expanding the company’s technical profile, be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, and have an understanding of transportation funding mechanisms in Texas. This is an opportunity to work for an established national company while leading the effort to grow the company's traffic engineering presence as well as support the existing roadway portfolio in Texas.
This position is primarily responsible for procuring and delivering traffic engineering projects and supporting our existing local government and TxDOT roadway projects.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Concept development using modeling data, geometric design, and safety engineering Delivering traffic engineering and transportation design tasks on time and within budget Procuring traffic engineering projects Helping clients secure and deliver projects funded by state and federal opportunities Other duties as assigned
Qualifications | Technical Skills:
- Analyzing intersections and corridors using Highway Capacity Software, Synchro, and Vissim.
- Understanding of the Highway Safety Manual and Highway Capacity Manual
- Designing roadways using the latest version of Autodesk or Bentley applications
- Completing traffic projections for regional, corridor, and site specific traffic studies
- Communicating complex technical concepts to engineers, clients, and public stakeholders
- Building effective relationships with internal and external client bases
- Working independently and as a team member to problem solve and learn new technical skills
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering is required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in transportation or traffic engineering
- Candidate must possess a Professional Engineer’s license. Candidates with Texas P.E. preferred
- Candidates with a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer certification preferred
Already have an account? Log in here