POSITION TITLE: Office Accountant
Perform various accounting tasks to ensure accurate and timely completion of work in accounts receivable, payroll and general accounting to ensure corporate objectives are met.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Incorporate safety and environmental responsibility into daily action.
- Utilize and improve the Management System for effective and efficient fulfillment of requirements from customers, regulators and NCC values, policies, objectives and targets.
- Incorporate positive interpersonal skills when communicating or interacting with customer, subcontractor, vendor, craft and NCC personnel.
- Employ organizational skills that effectively minimize obstacles that negatively impact the project. When obstacles arise, employ sound decision making/problem solving skills to resolve the issue.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable discrepancies between client generated information, generated information and the contract.
- Prepare & maintain billing rates for all clients.
- Prepare & review all weekly office payrolls.
- Assist in training of field project accountants.
- Check vendor statements for accuracy.
- Resolve all invoice discrepancies with Procurement Manager and vendors.
- Keep information confidential.
- Update and maintain union rates and fringes in Accounting Program.
- Enter percent completes for Industrial Group jobs.
- Set up all Industrial Group jobs.
- Update and maintain pay practices.
- Prepare weekly hourly reports and salaried overtime reports.
- Enter all company accounts receivable.
- Maintain accounts receivable aging reports.
- Prepare Industrial Group invoicing.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting/Business or equivalent combinations of training and/or related experience required.
Extensive (five or more years) experience in similar position and environment.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:(Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.)
Computer hardware and software, including: Microsoft Office (Windows, Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint); cost tracking software (McCosker; ViewPoint); internet use and innovation. Ability to learn other software, if required, with company-provided training.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit
PTS Advance is an Equal Opportunity Employer