Project Controls Specialist
Our client is a successful Engineering, Design and Project Management Company headquartered in Southern California. They have nearly 40 years of experience in effective System Planning, Engineering, and Coordinating of energy, process, utility, and water resource facilities.
They are seeking Project Controls Specialist to support work for major oil and gas, process, utility, water, and heavy industrial projects from their office in Orange County, CA.
*Candidates will also be considered from other industries including accounting, finance, analyst, or coordinator roles. Some of the key skills include: excel, math (understanding of budgets / forecasting), communication, and critical thinking/problem solving. Accounting, finance, or business majors would also make a good fit.
*Job specific training will be provided in these areas, once trained responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Project Management and Project Controls teams in the planning, scheduling, cost and schedule control, reporting, and change management process for projects.
- Cost control activities include: change management, earned value analysis, budgeting, forecasting, work-in-process review, and accounts receivable review.
- Utilize Excel and other tools to assist project managers in developing project budgets.
- Create and maintain change order logs. Includes tracking, estimating, and writing detailed descriptions of scope deviations.
- Support a robust portfolio of projects ranging in size, complexity, and duration.
- Create, maintain, and distribute regular progress reports.
- Perform detailed schedule analysis to identify potential changes to baseline and avoid variance. When appropriate, work with project managers to develop recovery plans.
- Prepare and conduct project budget forecasting and earned value analysis
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department processes and procedures.
- Technical: Excel (proficient), Microsoft Project, Microsoft Outlook
- B.A. / B.S.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Detail oriented self-starter
- Experience in the construction or oil & gas industries a plus.
- Interested candidates should have strong interpersonal skills
- Work experience in related field (0-2 years)
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer