Our client provides full multi-discipline engineering, design, project management, procurement, and project management services to the refining and petrochemical industries.
LEAD ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
• Degreed Electrical Engineer, PE preferable but not required.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in design of industrial electrical power, distribution, area classification, schematics, grounding, lighting, and heat tracing systems.
• Project engineering/discipline team leadership experience helpful.
• Ability to estimate, schedule, and develop project scope.
• Working knowledge of industry standards, such as the National Electrical Code and IEEE.
• Strong communication skills – comfortable meeting with clients, other project team members, and vendors / material providers.
• Skilled at early project phase scoping and development.
• Able to work in refinery and other oil and gas production/transportation facilities.
• Develop project front-end documentation, including project execution plans, estimates, and schedules as related to electrical scope.
• Help assign electrical engineering and design staff to various projects within the Program.
• Lead and be responsible for the development of electrical specifications and construction drawing packages for petrochemical process and heavy-industrial facilities.
• Coordinate and communicate with the electrical Resource Manager for hiring needs. Staff hiring is not within the scope of responsibilities, but being available to interview and be a part of the process is.
• Responsible for using Company software tools to report on work status, forecasting, and schedule for projects with electrical scope within the Program.
• Development and review of procurement specifications, documentation, data sheets, and bid tabulations.
• Ability to perform power system analysis (calculations of fault currents, electrical demand load, voltage drop, conduit and feeder sizing, heat trace sizing, etc.)
• Single point of accountability for all work within electrical Resource Group conducted within Program.
• Help mentor more junior electrical engineers and designers.
• Knowledge of the following software:
• Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Electrical modeling software (SKM, EZPower, and/or ETAP)
• Application software such as lighting & heat trace design
• AutoCAD not required, but could potentially be utilized