ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR – Chemical Manufacturing Industry
Our client, a major chemical manufacturer with multiple facilities in South Louisiana, is seeking an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience and background in the electrical field.
- At least5-7 years’ experience in the electrical field in a chemical plant.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Aptitudes: Good communication skills, ability to work under deadline pressure, organizational skills.
- Temperament: Ability to work with other supervisors, technicians and employees, often under difficult conditions. Must be able to handle pressures from operations and management.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written, oral or diagram instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment, occasionally works with electrical equipment and in outside weather conditions.
The use of personal protective equipment is required for certain jobs and in specified areas of the plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Assists the Maintenance Manager in directing technical personnel and in planning and scheduling maintenance work.
- Provides necessary supervision for contract maintenance and construction projects.
- May assume some of the duties of the Maintenance Manager in his absence.
- Meets daily with production, engineering and management personnel to review work orders for repair.
- Periodically represents the department on the weekend and holiday duty roster.
- Helps in conducting performance reviews on department employees.
- Assists the engineering department in design and specification of electrical systems on projects, improvements and additions to plants.
- Assists Store/Receiving Department in setting up spare parts as needed.
- Helps in the training of operation personnel on electrical equipment as needed.
- Participates in morning staff meeting as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Helps to maintain effective housekeeping programs.
- Assists in the training of department personnel in plant safety regulations.
- Participates in the plant safety system, as needed.
- Establishes a preventative maintenance program on electrical equipment.
- Establishes and helps to maintain current files and maintenance records of each plant.
- Trains personnel in application, function and proper operation of electrical systems.
- Participates in the plant quality system, as needed.
- Helps in coordinating the testing and maintenance of the electrical systems, for controlling waste and usage of environmental by products in the plants.
- Reports environmental incidents and takes appropriate corrective action.
COST CONTROL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides assistance in maintaining a continuous budget for the department.
- Prepares budgets, broad plans, programs and schedules to help guide activities in the electrical division of the Maintenance Department.