Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Plaquemine, LA Posted: 6/5/2019
MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR – Chemical Manufacturing Industry
Our client, a major chemical manufacturer with multiple facilities in South Louisiana, is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience and background in mechanical field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the mechanical field in a chemical plant.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Aptitudes: Good communication skills, ability to work under deadline pressure, organizational skills.
- Temperament: Ability to work with other supervisors, technicians and employees, often under difficult conditions. Must be able to handle pressures from operations and management.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written, oral or diagram instructions.
In this role, some of your daily essential duties and responsibilities will be:
- Supervises and directs hourly general maintenance mechanics.
- Checks work in progress and indicates necessary action when equipment mechanical problems arise.
- Using his/her maintenance experience, supervises, works on mechanical problems in plant.
- Determines material requirements for maintenance jobs and produces same by requisitioning through Purchasing Department.
- Initiates requests for stocking materials in storeroom based on maintenance experience.
- Assigned special maintenance and construction projects to supervise field work and obtain equipment and materials required.
- Assists Maintenance Superintendent and Maintenance Engineer in planning and scheduling maintenance work.
- Assists Maintenance Superintendent in maintaining records on equipment and maintenance supplies.
- Initiates commendations, warning, and reprimands.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Under limited direct supervision, surveys scope of plant maintenance projects, prepares daily manpower and time schedules for their accomplishment, and accumulates data for historical equipment maintenance records. May assume some of the duties of the Maintenance Superintendent in his absence.
- Surveys incomplete work requests and compiles information for the maintenance work backlog.
- Follows the progress of various maintenance projects to obtain information for improvement in future planning and scheduling.
- Attends meetings and conferences as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Administers the department safety program and is directly responsible for the safety of all employees under his jurisdiction.
- Analyses work procedures toward effecting the necessary changes to minimize work hazards.
- Mechanical integrity-OSHA 1910
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations.
- Audits maintenance procedures to ensure repairs are made at specific manufacturing conditions and industry standards.
- Reviews equipment and purchase specifications with technical personnel noting any quality problems as well as finding necessary solutions.
- Reports environmental incidents and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Periodically checks area gas monitor printouts.
- Knowledge of EPA Section 608
- Education of employees of company environmental regulations.
- Waste disposal.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and permits.
COST CONTROL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains accurate time distribution on maintenance personnel.
- Maintains sound security to reduce pilferage and waste as well as loss of proprietary information.
Already have an account? Log in here