Plaquemine, LA Posted: 6/5/2019
PRODUCTION SUPERINTENDENT – Chemical Manufacturing Industry
Our client, a major chemical manufacturer with multiple facilities in South Louisiana, is seeking a Production Superintendent to direct and coordinate plant activities concerned with production of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
In this role, some of your essential duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manages continuous production facilities.
- Assigns personnel.
- Inspects plant daily.
- Determines training needs.
- Periodically represents Production on the weekend/holiday duty roster.
- Coordinates shutdown planning.
- Directs special projects and instructions for supervisory personnel and project engineers.
- Attends daily staff meetings; gives Department Report once a month.
- Coordinates preventive maintenance schedules.
- Conducts personnel performance reviews.
- Responds to incidents requiring corrective action.
- Reviews and analyzes operational reports to determine causes and preventive actions for nonconformity
- Prepares daily yield report.
- Provides facilities to compile, store, and retrieve production data.
- Apprises Management of significant incidents and potential operational problems.
- Checks area levels daily.
- Maintains up-to-date emergency response plans.
- Develops and enforces safe work practices.
- Makes daily inspections for safety and housekeeping.
- Periodically is assigned to management safety audits of the entire site.
- Participates in plant safety programs.
- Investigates all plant accidents and safety incidents.
- Assures compliance to required safety regulations.
- Reviews quality data with technical personnel to correct any problems.
- Audits operations to assure units operate at specified conditions.
- Assures compliance to permit parameters.
- Reports area data to the Environmental Department.
COST CONTROL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Seeks means to improve productivity, increase yields, and reduce costs.
- Minimizes waste, overtime, and production of nonconforming product.
- Coordinates cost control project planning.
- Writes/approves purchase requisitions.
- Maintains time distribution records on plant personnel.
- Solicits ideas from subordinates to reduce costs.
- Puts special emphasis on reducing losses.
- Controls plant costs not to exceed the operating budget.
- Requests, from Management, items of concern which require unusual expenditures.
Already have an account? Log in here