Structural Engineer,PE - Petrochemical/Refining/Oil & Gas
Martinez, CA Posted: 6/4/2019
For more than 3 consecutive years, our client has been a top 5 ENR rated Engineering, Construction, and Professional Services firm. They are leaders in engineering, design, architecture, construction, and O&M for projects globally. They work in oil & gas, power, infrastructure, government, defense and facilities environments. They are seeking a Structural Engiineer to join their team in Long Beach, CA to support a backlog of refinery related projects in Southern California.
- Minimum 6 years experience in structural analysis and design using STAAD.Pro software.
- Familiarity with CADWorx, PDS Frameworks, LFM, or SmartPlant is a plus.
- Must have experience generating calculations for structural steel and reinforced concrete, preferably for industrial projects. Experience leading designers and drafting to convert design to construction drawings.
- Understanding of structural design provisions in the codes is important.
- Registered Professional Engineer required. BS Civil Engineering with Structural Emphasis required. MS Structural Engineering preferred.
- This position performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phase of equipment, systems, or processes.
- Specifications are prepared, and necessary subcontracts and requisitions are defined.
- The incumbent has thorough knowledge of multiple subject areas or disciplines; understands how own area integrates with and impacts other areas; and is building understanding of business trends and industry issues and challenges.
- Under general supervision, the individual competently performs all conventional aspects of design engineering and analysis. Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- May provide some technical guidance to designers/drafters and less experienced engineers.
Already have an account? Log in here