COMPANY is seeking an experienced contract Expeditor to support our Supply Chain team in Texas City, Texas. The temporary contract assignment will be in support of COMPANY 2020 TAR and will begin about July 1st, 2019 and end about March 31st, 2020 (9 months).
• Oversight and management of the 2020 TAR “Long Lead” equipment list.
• Responsible to make supplier visits to ensure appropriate progress of fabricated equipment items. (Pumps, Vessels, Exchangers, pipe spools, etc.)
• Assure supplier is fulfilling the agreed upon terms and conditions of the purchase order (PO) especially agreed upon delivery dates.
• Must have the ability to identify potential delivery delays and assist with developing mitigation plans.
• Review each long lead equipment item at least once every two weeks, more often for items with short lead times or critical pieces of equipment.
• Communicate all potential price or delivery changes, actual delays, or engineering/technical questions from the supplier to the assigned Supply Chain Supervisor.
• Participate in planning meetings with supplier’s for critical equipment to discuss expediting expectations after order placement.
• At least 5+ years of prior expediting experience
•SAP experience is a plus
• Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel
• Must have the ability to understand fabrication practices and completion schedules.
• A dependable “self starter” that is organized and detail-oriented.
• A team-player attitude and the willingness to go above and beyond when needed.