Memphis, TN Posted: 5/30/2019
The Process Control System Operational Technology Specialist is a key role in the management of process control computer networks, applications, and systems.
The Process Control infrastructure consists of both Microsoft Windows based networks and proprietary Distributed Control System networks. These are both responsible for interfacing with and controlling the refinery processes.
Responsibilities of the System Specialist include maintenance and enhancement of our systems and applications, simplifying where possible while maintaining 100% availability and stability, and maintaining the security of our systems, ensuring they are protected from cyber-security threats.
- Assist in maintaining and supporting the Process Control Network (Microsoft based Process Control), including (but not limited to):
- Security (firewall, AV protection, user accounts, etc.)
- Network support (LAN, communications, switches, routers, firewalls, etc.)
- Building and configuration of networks, servers, stations, domains, and security.
- Software & hardware upgrades / patches
- System availability & reliability
- System architecture & design
- Application maintenance
- PI (by OSIsoft Inc.)
- Alarm Configuration Manager (ACM by Honeywell)
- PAS Integrity
- Data management
- License management
- Management of change
- Assist in supporting integration of the control system, IT system and other third party systems
- Identify and implement efficient work processes
- Perform backups and database maintenance
- Create and maintain system documentation (procedures, backup, recovery, troubleshooting, architecture, etc.)
- Assist in management of emergency recovery plans and procedures
- Manage spare parts
- System Monitoring:
- Logs -- system and application
- Disk space
- Machine and network performance
- Percent utilization
- Preventive maintenance
- Understand and apply company HSE and MOC practices, policies, and procedures
- Develop and maintain safe behaviors and an awareness of the associated risks in routine activities
- Participate in and, where appropriate, own the outcomes of Hazops and other safety reviews / audits
- Participate in knowledge transfer with other Valero facilities
- Implement best practices as appropriate
- Knowledge of Dell computers, Windows operating system
- Knowledge of computer programming and computer systems operations.
- Ability to read and interpret company policies, regulatory guidelines, and other work-related documentation.
- Ability to abide by confidentiality requirements when working with sensitive information, results, and communications.
- Skill in providing thorough, efficient, and effective customer service to individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods.
- Ability to accomplish work within required timelines, including short, long, and emergency timeframes.
- Ability to cross-train in other department duties to ensure efficient coverage in departmental responsibilities.
- Ability to work with others to accomplish challenging assignments.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments to ensure completion of tasks within stated time requirements.
- Basic skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel).
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco networking certifications
- Creating and maintaining scripts - SQL or VB or PowerShell
- SQL Certifications
- Coding and logic competencies or experience
- Windows scripting
- OSI PI Server and Database maintenance
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies
- Technical degree in Windows Systems, Security, and Networks or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in configuration, management and administration of Microsoft systems networks
Already have an account? Log in here